Feb 21, 2012

It seems like spring

I know it is not spring but wouldn't that be nice.  I have spring fever today.  I bought some seeds at Ream's and they rang up costing less than I thought.  So, if you want to try to plant some seeds they are out on displays at stores.


I hope my garden will cooperate.  I noticed I have empty jars downstairs that could be filled.  The salsa I made with last year's crop has been delicious. 

I have seen strawberries on sale and recommend strawberry freezer jam.  It is so easy.  This year I tried a new brand.  I don't think they could make the recipe any easier.  Buy pectin, strawberries and sugar. Then follow the directions.  In little time there is a delicious jam that makes anything taste better.  Ice cream even tastes better with this topping.

Frozen strawberries can make a nutritious smoothy with ice, yogurt, bananas, milk or almost anything else you have on hand.

I know if I see strawberries on sale spring is on the way and so are the great berry flavors.

No comments: